This post is a month too late but hey, we got here in the end. In no particular order, here is a giant list of all the things that got me going in 2017 – things I think you all might enjoy too! We’ve got it all here – beauty, lifestyle, travel, music, movies, tv…
I absolutely fell in love with these whipped body butters in 2017 – they are really moisturising and smell divine, plus they feel silky smooth on my skin. I have both the original scent and the newer Gelat’eau fragrance which are both really lovely. These are so cheap on feelunique.com – I highly suggest you check them out!
NYX Foundation Drops
It will be no surprise to any loyal readers that I am obsessed with these NYX foundation drops. Finally! A Colour! That matches! My pasty ass! Eeeek! They are super full coverage and build very well as a concealer, and come in a range of shades. The formula is very liquidy and I’ve found although it works well with a beauty blender, a stiff brush (like the Real Techniques expert face brush) is what it takes to blend this bad boy out.
Again, to no surprise, 2017 was the year of all around the eye brown eyeliner. I realised when I started working full time that a) I do not have the patience, time, energy or fucks to do liquid eyeliner at 7am while crying into my cereal, b) with my brown eyes, brown eyeliner makes them look more brown (can I say brown this many times in a sentence?) and c) eyeliner all around my tiny eyes makes them look smaller, yes, but also makes the whites pop so they look more intense. I love the look and I’m glad I discovered it for myself last year.
Miniso BB Cream
Hands down, this is the best BB cream I’ve ever tried. Yes, it’s a bit pink, but it’s b e a u t i f u l. It glides on, has reasonable coverage, evens out my skin and makes me look glowy. It’s SO cheap it’s ridiculous, so I highly recommend popping into your nearest Miniso and picking it up!
White Fox Boutique Alexa Dress
I wore this banger to my brother’s wedding and got so many compliments on it! Desperate to wear it again – any suggestions on where?
I don’t have anything else to say other than Korea was my absolute favourite thing of 2017. I adored every moment and am already planning on going back at some point this year. Check out my Korea posts!
–My Week In Korea
–Essential Travel Tips for Korean Travel
- Client Liaison – 80s style Aussie pop band, saw them twice this year
- Two Door Cinema Club – we saw these guys live and they k i l l e d it
- Harry Styles – his new album is everything I hoped for and more ❤
- Foals – really rocky discovery and I just love them
- The Weeknd – We went and saw him in concert and he was insane
Top TV Shows
- Handmaids Tale – by far my favourite show of 2017. No words. It’s just exquisite television.
- Peaky Blinders S4 – Vikings & PB are tied for 2nd place, both were incredible seasons of the shows and I was very impressed!
- Vikings S5
- Psycho Pass – this anime is one of my all time favourtes and I’m so mad it took me this long to discover it!
- Game of Thrones (obligatory mention) (it was okay)
- Blade Runner 2049 – one of my favourite movies I’ve ever seen. Beautiful, cinematic, incredible story and soundtrack. They nailed this sequel.
- Kingsman Golden Circle – an insanely funny sequel to the original, I was worried they were going to fuck this up but they definitely didn’t! I can’t not laugh at this movie, it was so funny!
- Spiderman Homecoming / Thor 3 – both these Marvel movies were so funny! I was very pleasantly surprised with both and if you like fun, good time movies, these are for you
- Okja – very hard hitting, this movie really tugged at the heartstrings but was lovely to watch. Excellent movie of 2017.
My youtubers of this year were by far Kalyn Nicholson, Lavendaire and Amanda Rach Lee. Kalyn does lifestyle content that is super motivating and inspiring, Lavendaire does videos on intentional living, organisation and creativity, and Amanda does monthly bullet journal videos which are not only beautiful, but very relaxing to watch. I love both these amazing girls!
What did you love in 2017??